Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Poem


A Poem

You want me to be 'other'.
Different from real.
Not who I am.
You want an 'other'.
You want another.
You want another version, a different me,
a picture in your head on this real body.
I know what you need and I know what you mean.
Its not that I don't care, its that I cant be....
What you are.

I don't mean to be
This thing you've been sold
Its monstrous to see
Your expectations unfold
I know what you need
It just isn't me.
I know how you feel
Its hard to be wrong
Don't try to believe, don't try to deceive
Just let it wash over,
Just let me belong

Pull the tab on the string,
This time I won't sing
What happens now
Is the unraveling
Keep pulling along
What you will see
Is astonishing
Yet great
Once your needs fall away
What is left is

Just me.


No comments:

Post a Comment